Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Introduction to literature (ENG 102) With Professor Mignano Brady


 Coming from English 101 where I wrote a couple of research paper and narration, I thought English 102 will have followed this same pedagogy. It turns out that this course instead, accentuated more on doing critical reading and writing personal responses. Everything we wrote on this class came from our understanding and opinion on subjects that concern the human condition.
We were thankful to have a professor like Mignano Brady who taught with the most sincere enthusiasm. As a matter of fact, “enthusiasm” became our motto during the whole semester. And this quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm” was our ode. Professor Mignano’s enthusiasm was contagious and mademe gain interest in the materials.
I did not understand the true meaning and purpose of literature till this course. Finally, I discovered that literature is the study of the human condition and its culture. It portrays human with all their emotions and feeling, their flaws and their keenest joy. More, it is the study of human behavior, and relation with nature. 
Coming out from this class, I have the expertise to critically read a text. I know to take in consideration the place and the time it was written; that allows a better understanding of the metaphor and theme present in the text. Most importantly I have developed the intellectual capacity to generate my own argument. Moreover when it comes to disserted my ideas, I now become more organize on my thought and choose the words that best describe my points. 

1 comment:

  1. This is well-written Ninel! you truly have "developed the intellectual capacity to generate" your ideas and overall understanding of the material! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete