Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Class lecture

  
            The lecture about interpretation has really taken my attention for quite a while. I actually made a whole paper about this theme. I was always amazed by the fact that people always interpret values or beauty differently. And during this one lecture I learned that perspective is a big factor on people’s interpretation. I remember Professor Brady standing up the desk to explain that even we all looking at the same thing we won’t see it the same way in other words in the same perspective.
Fantasy was a huge theme discussed during this semester. Many texts we have read embodied fantasy as theme; from “A Street Car Named Desire” to “The Interpreter Of Maladies. They show how people hide their real situation to live in a fantasy world. The class discussion has helped me realize that we all do that in smaller scale. One of my peer’s took scenarios in relationship as an example, when people pretend to love their partner’s while they are not; their just scared to start something over. Fantasy is just the easiest way for people to win over their hardship.
"Sacrifice Today and Enjoy the Glory Tomorrow." Ernesto Rosario Mignano. This quote has motivated me essentially at the end of this semester when things were getting harder. That make me think about my own dad who also would tell me over and over again” success has a price it’s call sacrifice”

1 comment:

  1. Ninel,

    It is amazing how you connected our fathers! I am truly impressed with your work this semester. It is not easy to learn content in a language other than your native language and you have taken on the task with pride and fervor! I applaud you

    ReplyDelete